Adopt Your New Adventure Buddy, Clay!
Are you in need of an adventure buddy? Well look no further! Clay is the purrfect man for the job! Clay is a seasoned adventurer who has mastered using a harness and leash. Clay is only two, but can nap like a geriatric cat, and plays like a kitten. He was once confused with a bag of oranges. He is a total sweetheart who doesn’t shy away at the face of danger.
Interested in learning how we taught Clay to use a leash? Here are some tips/tricks from Humane Fort Wayne:
- Make sure your cat is confident and curious. Walking on a leash will not be enjoyable for all cats. If your cat doesn’t seem interested or appears frightened, don’t force them.
- With your cat’s body size in mind, chose an appropriate halter with clips. No velcro!
- Fit harness and allow cat to wear harness for increasing periods of time, indoors.
- When the cat ignores the harness and walks comfortably, add a leash and explore the home!
- When the cat is feeling safe and brave, check out the front or backyard on leash, allowing for common sense and staying close by the doors incase loud noises startle the cat.
- Add more time and distance in your trips outside, never let go of the leash or leave the cat unattended.
- Enjoy scent walks and exploring with your feline friend!
By following these steps, any cat willing to answer the call of adventure, like Clay, can learn the joys of exploration. Fur real though, give Clay a journey of a lifetime and adopt! Fill out an Adoption Application today!